Slovenian Energy – Terme Maribor
Terme Maribor, one of the tmf dialogue marketing’s partners in the project “Slovenian Energy – the secret for your meetings and incentives”. Mrs. Mojca Juhart, Director of Sales – MICE at Terme Maribor, answered three questions.
1. Tell us something we don’t know about Slovenia and that you think is of interest to intl. planners.
– Slovenia is Europe in miniature, where the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Karst and the Pannonian landscape meet.
– Slovenia can be also conveniently reached by flying via neighbouring airports e.g. Austria (Graz, Vienna airport), Italy (Trieste, Venice airport) and Croatia (Zagreb airport).
– Slovenia is a very attractive destination for incentive programs, for example winter sports rafting, adrenaline and adventure Parks, golf, exploring wine routes, sailing regattas, hiking, canoeing, and kayaking.
2. Could you please describe Slovenia in five words?
Safety, Friendly, Green, Healthy, Cute.
3. What example in your specific MICE offer is adding a particularly energizing element to programs?
Terme Maribor (with eight hotels from 3 to 5 stars and convention center for up to 800 participants) lays in an incredible region, where a winegrowing area, thermal water and the green hills of Pohorje meet. The latter offers the biggest ski center in Slovenia. In the center of the region lays the second biggest city in the country – Maribor.
Cozy city Maribor has a rich cultural heritage (European Capital of Culture 2012) and through the city runs river Drava, where different festivals are happening during the year (music festival Lent, Old Wine festival, Maribor festival etc.).
In the diverse world of Štajerska region, MICE guests can get additional and positive energy with the next activities:
– Easy going rafting down the Drava River
– Adventure and adrenaline park
– Going to dinner by a cable car up to 1.040 m
– Tasty brain food during coffee breaks, lunches, dinners
– Wine tasting
– Fruit picking
– Grape harvesting
– Cycling among the vineyards
– The tours in winter e.g. sledding, cross-country skiing, torch lit snowshoe walk
– Barbecue above 1000 m altitude
– Dinner in the 300 years old restaurant
– Wellbeing programs for business guests (energy points, music treatment etc.)