Wine lovers and all those who appreciate exquisite cuisine, were invited to Grand Hotel Union where the 19th Slovenian Wine Festival and the 9th Culinary Festival were held under one roof from the 25th and 26th of November 2016. This year’s Wine Festival once again presented the best of Slovenian vineyards, as well as some of the non-Slovenian wines.
Every year the Slovenian Wine Festival, held at the Grand Hotel Union gathers the catering industry, from F & B managers, business guests, media, salesmen, owners of wine cellars, winegrowers and wine producers, sommeliers, oenologists, members of wine associations, members of wine brotherhoods, to wine knights, wine queens and wine lovers. Experts and wine lovers are also known as being gourmets who know that wine and food supplement each other.
Slovenian Wine Festival along with a culinary festival, demonstrates its position as the leading and most visited wine event in Slovenia. The main theme of this year’s Culinary Festival was the »Best Wines from 19th Slovenian Wine Festival«, which inspired Chefs to create best food complimenting the selection. Visitors were invited to sample at two levels; the »Gallery of Flavors« offered creations from best Slovenian restaurants, while the »Theatre of Flavours« with live show cooking by selected Slovenian chefs. Every Chef made a dish pairing it with one of the festival wines as a perfect match – and it was up to the audience to taste it and decide how they did.
The highlights of this year’s festival:
– expanded program of Slovenian Wine Festival, which took place in different, partner locations in the center of Ljubljana
– the »Gallery of Flavours« and »Theatre of Flavours« with the best new culinary creations
– the awards for the best wines and publication of the results in the journal Dolcevita
– interesting and educational festival workshops
– business meetings with the winemakers
– special programme for students
It was a great opportunity for visitors to taste and learn about the superb Slovenian wines and culinary offer.