On Monday, 13 March, Ljubljana Gourmet Cup, a traditional annual gathering of top Slovenian chefs, young talents, winemakers, culinary journalists and food lovers will meet at Krvavec ski resort.
For the seventh time in a row, the traditional skiing and culinary event, Ljubljana Gourmet Cup, will take place at Krvavec ski resort. The event is organised by the renowned catering company, Jezeršek gostinstvo, in partnership with Ljubljana Tourism, Krvavec Ski resort and Koželj, the House of Good Wines.
Gourmet on the snow and a ski race for
The highly anticipated Gourmet Cup Ljubljana will once again bring together top Slovenian chefs, young talents, winemakers, culinary journalists and food lovers from around Slovenia. The day will start with a delicious gourmet breakfast, where guests will be able to enjoy a Ljubljana breakfast made up of locally sourced dishes. The breakfast will be followed by a raffle and the awarding of starting numbers. The most enthusiastic skiers will then put on their ski boots and compete in no less than six categories. Former ski ace Jure Košir will be the first to take to the slopes to open the Gourmet Cup ski race. A number of great prizes await the winners.
Young talents under the watchful eye of chefs
Young culinary talents from seven Slovenian catering schools under the watchful eye of top chefs will take care for a real gourmet treat on the ski slopes of Krvavec:
- Bled Vocational College and chef Simon Bertoncelj (Julijana),
- Ljubljana Gastronomy and Tourism Secondary School (Srednja šola za gastronomijo in turizem Ljubljana) and chef Igor Jagodic (Strelec),
- BIC Ljubljana and chef Jakob Pintar (TaBar),
- Celje Catering and Tourism Secondary School (Srednja šola za gostinstvo in turizem Celje) and chef Marko Magajne (Galerija okusov),
- VSGT Maribor and chef Sebastjan Plevčak (Restavracija in kavarna Sedem)
- Radovljica Catering and Tourism Secondary School (Srednja gostinska in turistična šola Radovljica) and chef Davor Družinec (Hotel Astoria)
- Slovenske Konjice – Zreče Educational Centre (Šolski center Slovenske Konjice – Zreče) with the finalist of Masterchef Slovenia, Žiga Gabrovec (Žigola).
An unforgettable après ski party and a cable car dinner
The first day of the Gourmet Cup Ljubljana will end with an unforgettable après ski party in the beautiful new cottage at Krvavec resort.
On Tuesday, 14 March,guests will have a chance to enjoy another unique gourmet experience – a culinary cable car ride featuring the dishes created by Jezeršek Catering, Tomaž Bolka from Gostilna Krištof and guest chef Mojmir Šiftar from PEN KLUB restaurant in Ljubljana.
See more at: https://www.jezersek.si/en/