There are several traps in which the event organizers can get caught when they try to find suitable transportation solutions for delegates without professional support. A partnership with a company that professionally deals with optimal transport organization can really pay off. Take a look at an example of good practice featuring the cooperation between GoOpti and Conventa.
Conventa, the New Europe exhibition of meetings, events, and incentives and one of the largest international events in Slovenia, brings numerous foreign and domestic visitors to Ljubljana every year. This year (2019) the event hosted 125 exhibitors from 15 countries and 178 invited guests from 48 countries.
Organizers’ transport needs:
– Organization of transfers for delegates from Ljubljana, Zagreb, Trieste, Venice, Klagenfurt and Bologna airports;
– Professional and friendly reception at the airport;
– Transportation from the event’s venue to the hotels;
– Shuttle transportation from hotels to the evening event venue and back.
– Efficient coordination of transfers;
– Adjustment of vehicle types to individual routes (vans and buses);
– Direct communication with passengers via SMS and e-mail;
– Professional reception of guests at the airport >> meet and greet;
– Dedicated coordinators at the venue providing directions and support;
– Organized shuttle service for evening events (round trip 30 min);
– Follow-up after the event.
What were the results?
– 170 passengers transported;110 transport services provided;
– Organized transfers from 6 different airports in 4 countries;
– Customized transportation services offered for study trips / excursions organized after the event;
– Excellent passenger feedback regarding the professional approach of drivers, flexibility and readiness to adapt to personal requirements and wishes.